Thursday, September 28, 2006

Nutrition websites

We can spend hours and even days surfing the internet looking for information on any subject that interests us and this is exactly what I have been doing the past few days - clicking link after link about nutrition. I realize I have ALOT to learn! I have started a Nutrition Folder in my Favorites and have added a few sites that I will be returning to for more information. As soon as I determine the best ones - simple usage, understandable and good information I will add them to the blog under the Links section. I have also started a Nutrition Folder in My Documents on the computer to save articles/posts I write along with informative reading I come across from magazines and my studies. Basically I am getting organized - I also purchased another USB flash drive that plugs in my computer and that I will religiously be backing up my material onto. I had a recent computer crash and know how terrible it is to lose absolutely everything on your computer - the terror of sitting staring at a blank blue screen can cause even the strongest soul to Scream or even cry! We do learn from our past experiences and I can't stress enough to everyone about "backing up" their material on the computer!

Here are a few links that I did add to my Favorites -

http://www.mypyramid.gov
http://www.nutritiondata.com
http://nutrition.about.com

I will continue to surf around and organize as I await the arrival of my study material. I am guessing some time next week it should arrive and I did read recently how online courses and distance learning is gaining in popularity and more businesses are looking at this form of education more seriously. Having earned my real estate license through a home study course I have real experience in this type of learning and I can honestly say that you have to be a very organized and dedicated type of person to undertake learning in this manner. In my opinion it is a harder form of learning since you take in every single detail whereas in a classroom setting, you tend to receive direction and are steered in what areas are of major importance and just may be on the tests. Studying on your own you also have no one who you are accountable to except yourself so you need to be a very disciplined type of individual to make it through. I have two years to complete my studies but I hope to shorten that time considerably and will have a better handle on this once I receive my material!

Debbie
www.BizyTimes.com

No comments: