Friday, September 29, 2006

The Diet and Weightloss Blog: Some reliable Nutrition Websites

The Diet and Weightloss Blog: Some reliable Nutrition Websites Here are a few more websites posted by a fellow blogger at his blog listed above. I will be checking them out and adding them to my favorites for future reference. Thanks Steve!

I did receive an acknowledgement letter today along with my student # and ID card and Certificate of Enrollment for the Professional Nutrition Program and should be receiving my first package of materials (set of lessons) in a few days - So I am waiting and ready!!!

I did check with Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, for a definition on Nutrition and received a 14 page printout - Wow! You can view this at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrition Simply stated, nutrition is the study of the role of food nutrients in the body. Have you ever wondered what takes place after you eat a bowl of cereal or a slice of pizza? To be honest with you, I never gave it much thought. I just knew my hunger was satisfied and of course I was always mindful of the calorie count I was consuming, if even for a vague moment! I would read an article on the health benefits and feel oh so good after I had eaten a cup full of blueberries or a blueberry pancake ... little did I realize what really was going on INSIDE me! I hope to walk away from my studies with the knowledge of the science and structure of food and nutrients and their role in human health and disease.

Debbie

No comments: